+ 61 (02) 9643 5164
Regional Sponored Migration Scheme Visa - Direct Entry Stream
This visa allows skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer in regional Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
- have an occupation on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- have an Australian employer nominating you to work in a position in regional Australia
- depending on your occupation, demonstrate you have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- depending on your occupation, have a skills assessment
- agree to remain employed with your nominating employer in regional Australia for a minimum of 2 years
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
Include your family:
- include family members in your application when you apply
- add family members to your application after you apply but before we decide on your visa
For this visa, your family members are:
- your partner
- your dependent child or stepchild
- your partner's dependent child or stepchild
- the dependent child or stepchild of your or your partner's dependent child or stepchild
You can also include someone who holds a subclass 457 visa or subclass 482 visa if we granted them that visa on the basis they are a member of your family. Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements. Family members who do not apply for the visa with you might also have to meet the requirements. You might have to pay an extra charge for family members 18 years old or older who have less than Functional English. This charge is called the second instalment
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa. If you are in Australia you must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging visa A, B or C. You can be in or outside Australia when we decide on your application.
How can we help?
Your visa application will be prepared by a very professional migration agent to a highest standard.
Your application will be lodged with the Department of Home Affairs within your time frames.
We will liaise with the Department of Affairs regularly and inform you of any developments.