+ 61 (02) 9643 5164
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa - Short Term Stream
This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers where employers can't source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible short-term skilled occupations
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
- have a relevant skills assessment if this is required for your occupation
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless you are exempt
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this
- work in Australia for up to 2 years for your sponsor or work in Australia for up to 4 years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- if eligible, apply for permanent residence
Include your family:
You can include other family members (called 'secondary applicants') in your visa application. The family members you can add will depend on whether you currently hold a subclass 457 or TSS visa.
Usually, you can be in or outside Australia when you apply for this visa, but not in immigration clearance.
However, you must be outside Australia if all the following apply:
- you have held more than one TSS visa in the Short-term stream
- you hold a TSS visa in the Short-term stream and you were in Australia when you applied for that visa
- applying outside Australia is not inconsistent with an ITO
If you are applying in Australia, you must hold:
- a substantive visa, or
- a Bridging visa A, Bridging visa B or Bridging visa C
How can we help?
Your visa application will be prepared by a very professional migration agent to a highest standard.
Your application will be lodged with the Department of Home Affairs within your time frames.
We will liaise with the Department of Affairs regularly and inform you of any developments.